Applications for 2019 are closed. Stay tuned for the announcement of selected projects.
IDEA² Global is designed to help biomedical innovators around the world to develop their project ideas and to provide the expertise to realize them. The program seeks to cultivate biomedical leaders by turning their idea into IDEA² by:
- Identifying: a worthy area for inquiry or development.
- Defining: the opportunity, assessing the potential impact, and establishing goals and milestones with a team of expert mentors
- Enabling: through resources, innovators to focus on the right problem at the right time
- Accelerating: progress towards the goal through a network, facilitating to enable connections and associations from all sectors, disciplines, and professions
- Turn your idea into a strong project proposal with the help of a network of top-tier advisors from different disciplines, professions, and sectors.
- Gain experience in independently defining, articulating, and defending your idea.
- Learn techniques for and gain practice in communicating your idea to specialists and non-specialists alike.
- Gain access to a network of stakeholders in the biomedical value chain.
- Work with project teams from around the world who share innovative spirit to bring new biomedical ideas forward.
Who is eligible?
- Any individual or groups who have an idea for a biomedical research project or business concept.
- At least one team member must be able to attend the Kickoff and Commencement Workshops at MIT (see important dates, below).
- Project team members must speak basic conversational English.
What is the process?
Interested and eligible individuals and teams can submit a short description for a new or ongoing research project or business idea. Following review, selected projects are identified as IDEA² Global Project Teams. Project Teams are assigned to Expert Mentors (I2EM) who, over the subsequent 6-month period, provide advice towards the development of a full proposal. In addition, Project Teams are offered multiple training opportunities to refine and enhance their proposal.
- March 21: Call for Applications
- April 16, 13:00 Eastern: Applications due
- May 1: Public announcement of IDEA² Global Class of 2019
- May 10: IDEA² Global orientation
- June 20–21: Kickoff workshop at MIT
- June – October: Mentor assignments (ongoing)
- October 18: Review Workshop
- November 14: Pitch training seminar (via Web conference)
- December 5–6: Commencement Workshop at MIT